Company history

In the past, Rača was for the first wine-growing area for the people of Bratislava. In 1949 a collective farming cooperative was founded.

The period of the 1960s to 1980s was characterized by the development of winegrowing in the Rača. Winegrowers recovered old vines and planted new ones. Until the end of the 1980s, the cooperative was the most important supplier of grapes for Rača Wineries. Wines from the old vineyard village were lost in the anonymity of the large scale production which took up to 90% of harvested grapes. Original Rača wine was available to its lovers in only a few, particularly Bratislava restaurants and wine-bars. The turning point came in the early 90s. The cooperative stopped selling grapes and gradually expanded its own production of wine in the cellar in Rača. Technology was modernized, controlled temperature fermentation was introduced and the production process was completed with bottling. The purchase of former winery in Hurbanovo helped the cooperative considerably expand its processing and storage capacity.

Villa Vino Rača started its new phase of development in 2004, changing the legal form of the organization from an agricultural cooperative to a share company.